The Debug Screen shows a lot of useful information for parkour. It can be activated by pressing F3.
Relevant Minecraft Wiki articles:
This section shows the player's coordinates, which is useful for strat positioning.
- X and Z : The horizontal position of the player, both given with 3 decimals.
- Y : The vertical position of the player, given with 5 decimals.
This section shows the player's facing, which is useful for strat consistency and neos.
The first number (and the only one that matters for movement) is the player's yaw (between -180° and 180°) which corresponds to horizontal rotation.
The second number is the player's pitch (between -90 and 90) which corresponds to vertical rotation.
- East = Positive X = -90°
- South = Positive Z = 0°
- West = Negative X = 90°
- North = Negative Z = 180°
This section shows which block the player is looking at, as well as it properties.
This is mostly useful for detecting barrier blocks (as shown in the picture).
Here are some useful F3 keys. For the full list, refer to the Minecraft Wiki article.
- F3+A : Reload all chunks
- F3+B : Shows hitboxes of all rendered entities.
- F3+C : Copies the player's coordinates and rotation in a /tp command. [1.13+]
- F3+T : Reload all textures and models.